Last Wednesday night Jeremiah and Scarlett had the following conversation at the kitchen table.
Scarlett: Daddy?
J: Yes, baby?
Scarlett: Mommy's "pssst"
J: Mommy's what???
Scarlett: Mommy's "pssst"
J: Ohhh! Mommy's pissed?
Scarlett: Yes...Daddy?
J: Yes, baby?
Scarlett: Mommy's coot.
J: What?
Scarlett: Mommy's coot.
J: Ohhh! Mommy's cute?!
Scarlett: Yes.
J: So let me get this straight. Mommy's pissed and cute???
Scarlett: Yes.
I assure you that pissed is NOT in Scarlett's everyday vocabulary. In fact, I don't know where she may have heard pissed. I don't say that word and Jeremiah says "ticked" but not pissed. I'm feeling dirty just typing it!
Anyway, in my defense, Wed was a weird day for me. I felt sluggish and tired...all. Day. Long. So when Scarlett saw me unlike myself, I guess she thought that I was pissed off. I don't know where the cute came from (we do say cute on a daily basis) because I've looked a mess all week long. Maybe her mother will always look cute to her :o) I digress. Anyway, I feel fine most of the time but sometimes I get hit with a wave of tiredness. Thank the Lord I haven't had any morning sickness or nausea. Other than that, Jr. and I are just fine!
BTW, I've already decided that I am having a boy. If I profess it long and hard enough, maybe it will come to fruition. Hope springs eternal!
My coot little girl is growing up so fast!
1 comment:
That is so funny! It's crazy where they get stuff from.
Post a Comment