Saturday, March 24, 2012

Open Eyes

Jeremiah's birthday was on March 17th.  Happy birthday Mr. Man!  He told me that he didn't want to do anything so we didn't.  However, he did want to hold the baby for his birthday.  Unfortunately, the nurse on duty couldn't stabilize Lynette after she was in Jeremiah's arms.  To make a very long story short, he never held her like he wanted to.  She ended up back in the incubator to be stabilized.  BUT, we got a bigger and better surprise the next day.  Our little diva decided to open her eyes for about ten minutes!  It was great and we were so excited.  I didn't think it would last long but she gave us a good ten minutes.  

Her eyes are yellow from the jaundice. 


I guess our little one was done with the paparazzi.  Look at her trying to cover the camera lens!


After I realized that she was awake and not just having a moment, I combed her hair so that I could have a pretty picture with her eyes open.  See how the right side of her stomach looks swollen?  That's actually her liver that is swollen.  She has a blood clot in her liver and is currently on heparin.  I guess heparin is a blood thinner and the doctors hope that it will help her get rid of her blood clot.

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I know these pictures were taken just a day after I saw her, but she looks bigger!

Regina said...

I love the first picture with her little arm thrown up by her face!