Jeremiah and I thought we were pregnant back in Feb. Turns out we weren't and Jeremiah was so sad and heartbroken. After a brief discussion, I told him that we could try to have another baby. Having said that, the newest edition to the Prickett family is due Dec. 19th! My first reaction..."how am I suppose to decorate the Christmas tree 8 months pregnant?" He told me that I would manage and continued to celebrate. Only Jeremiah!!! I'm telling you, he is quite the proud papa. He would have 10 more kids if I allowed it!
Honestly, who gets pregnant the first month of trying?! I didn't think we would get pregnant so fast. I don't know where that logic came from. We were pregnant with Scarlett on the 3rd month of trying. While I'm glad that we don't have any issues with fertility, I was hoping that we would conceive in May or June. That way, the baby would be born after the holidays. Sarcastically, Jeremiah told me to forget about Christmas. He's excited to get another tax deduction before the year is over! Can you tell where our priorities are?! Only the Prickett's!!!
OLD
Last week I had an appt with the doctor. While we were doing some paperwork, I was informed that I have reached the "ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE". Knowing where this is probably about to go, I politely responded, "what is that?" The nurse basically told me that because I am 35 years old, I am an "advanced maternal age" patient. All I heard was someone calling me old and the sassy sista in me was unleashed!
I looked that nurse in the eye and I told her "Fruit Loops and Fruity Pebbles aside, I am probably healthier than most of the 20 year olds in this county! Here's what I want to know. What kind of sample women were selected to participate in a study that declared 35 to be the magical number to be of "advanced maternal age"?! Did someone select the most lazy and the most unhealthy 35 year olds that could be found?! Furthermore, who said that these sample women could “represent” me. I can’t believe there is a name for women that are pregnant and 35 +. Advanced Maternal Age...SERIOUSLY?!" That was the gist of our conversation.
Personally, I think 35 is still young. In fact, I bet most of you didn’t even think I was 35! You know why…BECAUSE I TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!!!!! If I don't take care of me, who will?!?! The nurse was kind enough to let me vent as long as I needed too...bless her heart. And no I wasn't hormonal. I knew exactly what I was saying!
After going completely off, the nurse wanted to take my blood pressure! Luckily, I passed with flying colors :o)
SILVER LINING
Today Jeremiah and I went for our first sonogram. I am 8.5 weeks along and the baby is due Dec 19-ish. Everything is looking absolutely beautiful...considering I'm a "high risk" patient and all! Since Scarlett was born via a c-section, the rest of my children will be born via a c-section too. Being the Gwendolynette that y'all know and love, I started to pick the sono tech's brain. Apparently, I can schedule my c-section up to 2 weeks before my due date. If that holds true, I can have the baby WAY before Christmas! The 1st or 2nd week in Dec will be so much better than the week of or the week before Christmas. I just may get what I want so we will see what happens.
That's pretty much it for now. One more thing, here is one of the many pictures of the sonogram that we received today. I'm hoping for a boy again but deep inside, I just know it is another girl :o)
11 comments:
Woohoo! I SO called this! When I read your last post & it said "knowing that I had to eat" I just knew it. I analyzed that phrase for about an hour! Congratulations to you both! And you're right, I would have never guessed that you were 35.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that's so exciting... and well you get pregnant in the first month of trying if your timing is in line with Heavenly fathers ... looks liek you are in sync.
I am so excited. I told you Scarlet was too cute too to not make another one. Bless you I got pregnant with Claire at 38 and I don't look it either. Thanks for telling them for the rest of us too. I hope the smell of chicken isn't as bad as last time. Hee hee
Yay! Yay! Yay!
Emmy was born December 19th, and it's always fun to try and schedule birthday parties and stuff around Christmas. So, I'm glad you'll get to have the baby a little earlier. On the plus side, I got all my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving!
Congrats!
YEAH! Congrats! That is so awesome! I am glad that you told the nurse what was what! I had NO clue you were 35! Girl, you still a baby! haha! I hope the pregnancy goes well with no morning sickness!
You go girl!!! If 35 years old is "old" - then I must be ancient! Congrats again!
Congratulations! Carson was born in early December and we were still able to celebrate Christmas. I'm sure it'll all workout.
YAY!! I knew it from your last post too! I would have NEVER thought you were 35! You will be fine and so will that litte baby!!
Can't wait to read all bout it!
Congrats!!!! I had my suspicions when you kept saying food smells were bothering you and whatnot! I cannot believe you are that old! You could be my mom :-) Totally joking with you! Stef's b'day is the 15th and we do not put the 2 together so it works out well. Take care of yourself!
Congrats Gwen! I'm so excited for you and Jeremiah.
That is so funny you mentioned Lane's hair because I said the exact same thing! His head looked like a giant poof! LOL. The weird thing is he had just gotten a hair cut 2 weeks ago. It usually doesn't grow back that fast. So once we got home from the beach he cut it :)
Post a Comment