Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 3rd

June 3rd was a CRAZY day! Liz's school had an awards ceremony at 8:30AM, Scarlett had Bouncing Babies at 11:15AM and I had an OB appt at 3PM. As usual, I survived it all!

Liz received a total of 7 awards: perfect attandance, math olympiad, something citizenship, something helper, and I can't remember the rest. She has displayed them proudly on her bedroom wall. I would go look and double check for what the other awards are but everyone is playing peacefully and I do not want to interrupt the peace!

After the awards ceremony, I rushed home to feed Scarlett and get her cleaned up so that we could go to Bouncing Babies. Bouncing babies is a program for children ages birth to two years old at one of our local libraries. The library staff will do stories, rhymes, finger plays and songs with the babies. It is a lapsit program in which you get to interact with your baby. Scarlett did so well and was quite the social butterfly with some of the other babies. I really think that she had fun! I wanted to take a ton of pics but it was hard because we were so busy reading and singing. At the end, the staff member dumped a TON of toys into the middle of the floor for the babies to have some free time. I think we will add Bouncing Babies to our summer routine :o)

When my hands were finally free, this was the one and only pic that I was able to take. I think she was checking out the toys that were about to be dumped out!

After Bouncing Babies, we rushed home for lunch, a quick nap and to let Liz in the house since she was getting out early. 20 minutes after she came home, Jeremiah was walking in the door. He left work early so that he could go with me to my doctor's appt. He is so good about coming with me to all of my doctor appts. He's such a sweetie :o)

Anyway, the appt went well. Baby Prickett and I are doing just fine. I weighed in at 124lbs and I am slowly but surely losing my waistline. Baby Prickett's heartbeat was at 150 bpm and we set a date for the c-section. Baby Prickett is scheduled to arrive on 12/14/10! I didn't get early December like I wanted :o( Apparently, my doctor doesn't like to perform c-sections more than one week before the due date. She doesn't want to compromise the health of the baby. I'm fine with that and I certainly understand. So, Jeremiah and I chose 12/14 because Scarlett's b-day is 4/14. If both babies b-day's are on the 14th, maybe it will help us remember them...he he he! Not that I need help remembering my kids b-days...because we all know how much I love b-days!!!

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

Well don't yall plan far in advance! I can't believe you already know when the baby will be here. That's awesome! And I just realized we will be in town the whole month of December, so we can be there!!