Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day

We started the day by going to church. Afterwards, we came home and attempted to take a family picture. As usual, we never got a "perfect" picture but we sure had fun!

Scarlett was more interested in playing with Liz's hair.


Then Liz decided to get even by blocking out Scarlett...which didn't matter because Scarlett is now distracted by who knows what.


Then we decided to move Scarlett up front...only to not have her in the shot!


So we try again and still no Scarlett, URGH! We were so close!


And we try...AGAIN!!!


FINALLY!!! It's not perfect but it's definitely the Prickett's! At least everyone is in the shot AND smiling!


Then I couldn't leave well enough alone. I just had to have a picture of just Jeremiah and I. He granted me my wish and look what he did! To be fair, if he didn't do something silly first, he wouldn't be Jeremiah :o)


Just for me...sniff...sniff :o)


Let's get on with Father's Day. I have to take a moment to give you a little history. A few weeks ago Jeremiah and I were watching tv. While fast forwarding through the comercials, J sees a Dremel Multi-Max commercial and watched it 2 or 3 times. He was mesmerized! I knew immediately that a Dremel Multi-Max is what I was going to get him for Father's Day.

After our impromptu photo session, we had lunch and J laid down for a quick nap. We couldn't wait for him to wake up so I took it upon myself to wake him up so that we could get on with Father's Day. Liz made J a homemade Father's Day card. J loved it because we didn't spend any money to buy one. Then I presented him with his gift. When he opened it, he was quite surprised and kept saying "this is sweet" and "nice, very nice". At that moment, I knew I was wife of the year :o) Behold, the Dremel Multi-Max!!!


Not only was Sunday Father's Day, it was my parents 40th wedding anniversary. They stopped by after they were done with church for a visit. Since Scarlett was taking a nap and never woke up...they left! Then, Jeremiah randomly says "I know what I'm going to do first." The next thing I knew, Jeremiah was out of sight and I heard buzzing. Again, I knew I had scored! He didn't waste any time breaking in his new Dremel Multi-Max :o)

We ended our very busy but fun Father's Day having some fun. J and Liz gave Scarlett a few horseback rides. My favorite picture is the one below. I love how Scarlett is holding on to J's hair AND pulling his glasses off!

J loves his girls and I am so glad that he is a GREAT dad!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Those pictures are hilarious! You have some patience!

Jessica said...

It's fun to see you and Jeremiah! I ran into your blog about a week ago but I didn't think you would remember me. I was so excited to see that you and Jeremiah got married. Now there are 4.5 of you! How absolutely wonderful. I plan on following your adventures into the future. Thank you for finding me.