I've pretty much been a homebody since I hurt my knee. Being inside drove me NUTS! Especially, since the weather has been nice. I HATE being inside when it's nice outside. Anyway, I haven't had much to blog about because I haven't been anywhere since the accident. Last week I got out a little but it was to Wal Mart and Tom Thumb. That trip wore me out! Below are a few pics that you might find entertaining.
Here I am on day #8. Jeremiah came home for lunch and found me on the sofa like this. Barefoot, pregnant, with a busted knee.
Somewhere during the 2nd week of my recovery, Scarlett and I had a rough day. I think she was tired of being inside...frankly, so was I. When she woke up the next morning, she was in a much better mood and so was I!
Last Tue, we got out for the 1st time and it wore Scarlett out. I was worn out, too. All we did was go to Wal Mart and Tom Thumb. I wanted to go to the mall but my knee was beginning to bother me so we went home. Scarlett fell asleep in the car and I wanted to put her in something more comfortable so that she could finish her nap in her crib. I went to get her onesie and when I came back, she was like this.
Oct 14th (aka day #15), I finally had the stitches removed, YAY! When my knee is straight, the scar doesn't look so bad. Here's my knee as straignt as possible. The top layer of skin isn't healed completely and that gap may or may not ever close. The bottom layer of skin is about as healed as it is going to get. I still have to be careful until I am at 100% recovered. Right now, I feel like I'm at 85% healed. I still can't squat but at least I can walk without limping!
Here's my knee bent. The hole closed up pretty good except in the middle. The dr. said it may never close completely because I fell right where my knee bends. He also said that the knee is a difficult place to have a laceration healed. I'll have a scar but at least I have a knee that will work. The residue from the tape will probably take a few weeks to come off. The tape also damaged my skin. I'm glad that summer is almost over so that it can't be seen. 
3 comments:
Ouch Ouch Ouch! That still looks like it hurts so badly. What bad luck.
That is the deepest cut I have seen! Glad you are on the mend!! Take it easy girl!
Glad to see you are healing up. Your pregnancy is almost over according to your ticker. Post a few pictures of you before she gets here. :)
Post a Comment