Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another Prickett Is Born

As most of you have heard or read by now, our family has a new member. Savannah Camille Prickett! The evening went fairly smooth and baby and I are doing fine. The c-section went well and Savannah didn't have to go to NICU, yay! That was my biggest fear all night...having another baby go to NICU unexpectedly. After Savannah was born, I slept all day Sunday and now I have tons of energy! So, I asked Jeremiah to bring my laptop to the hospital so that I could blog about Savannah's birth. Without further ado, here we go!

Saturday night was pretty low key. We dropped Liz off at a friends house for a slumber party and then Jeremiah, Scarlett, and I headed off to Chili's for dinner. Dinner was fine and we headed home with the hopes of turning in early. Around 9:30pm my water broke. After calling my family and packing my bag, Jeremiah and I headed off for the hospital! We checked in with triage and they decided to admit me. Apparently, I was definitely having a baby Saturday night. We checked in at 11pm and at 1:30am Savannah was born. Enjoy the pics!

Happy that Baby Prickett is on her way!



Getting prepped for surgery. Those white things on my legs is a Sequential Compression System. Basically, it is to keep my blood circulation flowing after the c-section. I hated them when I had Scarlett and I still hate them! For me, they are more of an annoyance than of assistance. After 2 hours of sleep, I usually take them off...sorry doc!



Here I am still venting about not being able to wear my Christmas socks! I was FORCED to wear the yellow socks in the pic above because I was a "at risk" patient.



J in his scrubs and ready for the O.R. Here we gooooo!



Before we knew it, Miss. Savannah was here. She wasn't this blue. The lights in the O.R. were so bright that the flash on the camera didn't go off.



My baby girl!!! I love that she has a head full of hair.



Weighing in at 7.2lbs.



Yes, I really look that crazy. Yes, Jeremiah is grinning from ear to ear. Yes, Savannah is really that white! Yes, we are all happy and doing well :o)



Mr. Man loving the latest lady in his life. He is so tired bless his heart.



Still obsessing!



Seriously, can you believe that I had a baby and my hair stayed intact?! I combed it to go to Chili's and I still haven't combed it. And it's almost been 48 hours since the baby was born! Don't take offense to the bare shoulder. We all have one. I don't know why but I really like this pic. Maybe because Savannah and I are snuggling. BTW, I honestly don't remember taking this pic. In fact, I don't remember much of the first 12 hours after missy was born.



Still floored by the contrast of our complexion.



Scarlett giving Savannah some love :o)



Scarlett giving Jeremiah the evil eye. J has been giving Savannah a lot of attention and Scarlett has noticed! I think she is putting Jeremiah on notice!



Eventually, Scarlett warmed up to Savannah. Either that or Scarlett is putting Savannah on notice!


I can't believe how much and how fast our family is growing!



My sister (Maria) and Savannah.



I thought it would be in my best interest to give Scarlett some attention before she put me on notice! We played and I let her know that she will ALWAYS be my Scarlett bear. It felt good to see her smile so big.



Still loving his ladies!


I'm glad that Jeremiah loves being a father.



Not bad for an old lady, huh?

13 comments:

Katie said...

She is beautiful!!!! Congrats to all of you!

Nibarger said...

She is so precious! I'm glad everything went ok! Congrats on the beautiful baby!

Red Shed French Antiques and Travel said...

Gwen,
Congratulations! I'm glad I am still on your email list so I could catch up on your darling family!
Looks like you are really being blessed!

Valarie Jolly

Isaac and Maren said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats!

Mandie said...

I'm gettin' all teary over here! Congrats to all of you! You done good mama! Love ya!

vandfam said...

Oh she is such a cutie!! And I LOVE the hair! Congrats to the whole family on your newest member!!!

Jalei & Lane said...

Your family is so cute. I love that picture of Scarlett giving J the evil eye. Too funny!

Susan said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations! Thanks for having me on your email list; it's fun to see your growing family!!!

Romy said...

Congratulations Gwen. I love the name you picked for her and she is just too cute for words.

Take care of yourself!

Just Us.....the Coopers said...

OMG!!! What a lovely little girl! Gwen I still can't believe you are a mom. I still remember us still out in the park talking on the picnic bench. Look at you now!wow! Great job Jay.Beautiful little angels..Congrats Liz, and S-Bear.

Just Us.....the Coopers said...

Congrats...Jermiah and Gwen! Your new edition is as lovely as the first two angels. Be blessed and can't wait to see the Christmas pictures this year. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

You look great:)Your family is so beautiful:) congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now get some rest so you can have energy to handle that large family of yours:)

The Wilbur Family said...

Congratulations!!! OMG she's gorgeous! (I can't believe you stole my girls name, though!!-lol)