For the most part, I'm feeling good and sooooo ready to have this baby!!! On the way to church Sunday morning, Jeremiah asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him "a healthy baby that doesn't have to spend a week in the NICU". I am not in the mood to experience the NICU again. I had a sonogram Monday morning and everything seems to be on track with Baby Prickett, yay!
Thanksgiving
So last week was Thanksgiving! We did the usual...visit Jeremiah's grandmother for lunch that included tons of family and then we were off to my parents for dinner. Here's the thing. The Mon or Tue before Thanksgiving I was telling Jeremiah how physically tired I was. Out of the clear blue sky, my SIL Diana called and offered to keep Liz for a couple of days. For 4 days and 3 nights I only had to take care of Scarlett! That was WONDERFUL! Liz was SUPER excited to spend a few days with her cousins and how did she thank them? By hitting her cousin in the head with a broom that resulted in my niece getting 5 staples in her head! Nice Liz. Apparently, they were playing karate and Liz was swinging a broom and hit Jacey in the head on accident.
Here are a few random pics of Scarlett that I took the week of Thanksgiving. She cracks me up!
In the window seat just reading away.
Jeremiah took this one and I'm glad he did. Oh how I love her fat feet and chubby hands! The curls are to die for, too!
Christmas Preview
Scarlett checking out the Christmas tree. She just woke up from a nap and she had all kinds of energy! She was so excited and it did my heart good after hearing about the Liz accident :o)
I let Scarlett play with a few ornaments so that she could get it out of her system.
Then she discovered the glass ornaments. Keep an eye on the flashlight in her left hand.
Last year Scarlett couldn't get enough of the snow. This year she hasn't touched it once! She's into the faux berries on the tree this year.
The Christmas tree! I LIVE to decorate the tree each year. The pictures do not do the tree justice.
Here's the tree without the flash on. It took me like 4 or 5 hours to decorate the tree. It NEVER has taken me that long. The only reason it took me that long is because my preggo belly kept knocking ornaments off the tree. Whenever I reached to put something back on the tree, my belly knocked something else off. It was so frustrating!!!
The very kid friendly end table.
This is where I usually post a pic with Christmas lights on my car. I told Jeremiah that he didn't have to put lights on my car this year. He was a little too happy that he didn't have to do it. Usually, the lights go on my car the day after Thanksgiving. Since I will be having the baby in 2 weeks and my car will be parked in the garage while I recover, it didn't make sense for him to go through the hassle. It's not that hard to do but I gave him the year off anyway.
Anyway, here's to a great holiday season!
2 comments:
I forgot how much you LOVE decorating for Christmas. The tree looks awesome!
LOL! If it makes you feel any better Brady keeps eating the fake berries off our tree. =)
Post a Comment