Grab a snack and get something to drink. Feb. was a LONG month and I'm about tell you all about it. I literally could not find 5 mins to blog...until now!
2/9/11
It snowed and the streets were iced over. As a result, my mother in law pipes froze and burst. J spent a good portion of the following weekend helping her get a new floor and new appliances. Not only that, I couldn't get out to pick up my pre-natal vitamins and now my hair is shedding...BAD! Oh well.
2/11/11
Our family went to Josh's (BIL) house for his surprise b-day party. It was SO much fun. Diana (SIL) and I got Josh the EXACT same gift! It was pretty funny. After eating and socializing, we ate and played Michael Jackson The Experience on their wii. That was THE most fun EVER! The night ended and we headed home.
We're on the freeway driving home around 11:45PM. We're in the far left lane and Jeremiah said "look at this jerk behind me". By the time I looked to see what he was talking about, there was a green Durango swipping the driver side of the van! Apparently, the Durango was trying to pass on the sholder. The only problem was...the shoulder was running out and he decided to squeeze between us and a concrete barrier. The next thing I knew, the Durango took off! Unfortunately, we didn't get the license plate. J said the Durango took off because they had something to hide. Maybe they were drunk, high, didn't have insurance, and/or had warrants for their arrest.
After noticing that the side mirror was flapping in the wind, I told Jeremiah to pull over so that I could see the damage. It was not pretty. Here are the pictures that he took when we got home.


This door had to be replaced.

Pardon Mr. Man's dirty car.The pictures make the damage look minimal. Trust me, the damage was worse in person. I was a mess the entire weekend. I was mad that someone hit us AND took off. I was sad that my van looked a mess. I was glad that we didn't spin out on the freeway. I was grateful that any of us weren't hurt. Like I said, I was a mess.
All weekend J kept telling me that he would get the van fixed. Let me explain something. Pricketts (by nature) spend the least amount of money possible and make auto repairs themselves and then pocket the insurance money. Having said that, Mr. Man said that he would spend $200 on a mirror and we would pocket the insurance money. I told him ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! We are getting my van repaired! I think he was trying to make me laugh and get my mind off the van.
2/13/11
She decided to do both! I guess she was done taking pictures and was ready for a nap.
2/14/11
It's Valentines Day! Savannah had her 2 month check up and she passed with flying colors. She's in the 75th percentile for weight and height. Scarlett was in the 25th percentile for weight and height...and still is. Scarlett is going to be my shorty :)
A little bit after I left the doctor's office, J called me and said that we could drop the van off at Service King when he got home from work. On our way home from Service King, J said "tell you what...why don't we go to Chili's for dinner." WHAT?! WHAT?! Jeremiah Prickett is ACTUALLY going to take us out on V-Day?! SHUT UP!!! Off we went and it was a nice distraction from the van.
2/15/11
I woke up with a "lump" in my throat. It wasn't long before I developed a cough and a full blown cold. Later in the day, Scarlett developed a cough, too. Great.
2/16/11
Savannah woke up with a cold. Double great.
2/17/11
The missionaries from church called about some church business. Before we hung up, they asked if there was anything that they could do for us. I told them ABSOLUTELY! At 4:30, they came by and vaccuumed, dusted my bookshelves, coffee table, end table AND polished them, AND picked up toys! I NEVER ask for help and I was so glad that I did. Most of us were sick and my house was clean for the first time in almost 2 weeks.
2/21-ish/11
Scarlett gets promoted from her high chair to her booster chair! My baby is growing up. Now, Savannah is in the high chair.
After all of this, I am still standing. Barely. But still standing. In January I resolved to stay calm and carry on. Having said that, I checked myself into therapy. Retail therapy that is. Don't judge. I'm not sure if retail therapy is the right thing to do but I sure feel better after ebaying and/or leaving the mall. Again, don't judge. This is me carrying on!
5 comments:
I can't believe about the van! You should have called the cops & at least given them the description of the car.
Oh yeah...we did call the cops. They came out in a little under 20 mins. I forgot that part of the story. Thanks for reminding me!
What a month! Retail therapy is the best therapy.
I hope Mach is treating you a little better.
Wow! Crazy stuff! I hope the shopping helped! That's a fun way to recoup!
WAIT-you can get the missionaries to clean your house?? I'm dialing now...
Glad all is well!!!
Post a Comment