The week before Memorial Day I was fortunate enough to have my kitchen updated. I have been wanting a new kitchen since we moved into our house 3 years ago. I really don't know why it took so long. Actually, I do. I was either pregnant or just had a baby and could not think about not having a kitchen for a week or so.
I finally decided that it was time to update it when 2 things happened. #1, I placed a HUGE bottle of Kirkland detergent on the washer and I guess it shimmied off while the washer was on the spin cycle. It went everywhere including under the washer. It took forever to clean up. We didn't clean under the washer because it is a front loader and it is on a pedestal and it is one heavy machine to move. I became so paranoid about things growing under the washer and in the detergent. That is when I told Mr. Man that it was time to take action.
#2, Daddy Warbucks bought himself a Porsche Boxster. I was fine with this because he NEVER asks for anything. Plus, he's a great husband and father and I felt like he has truly earned it. I mostly let him have it so that I could use it as leverage! For example, I asked for a new kitchen. He said no. I said "PORSCHE!" He said "done." Two weeks later, I had a new kitchen. Like I said, leverage!
After literally trying to decide between 14 different shades of white, I went with colonial white. I was trying to go for an antique white and I am so pleased! The kitchen is much brighter and feels so good!
Before.
J and I decided that oil rubbed bronze hardware and hinges were the way to go.
Mr. Man wanted to save money by removing the linoleum himself. He only made it around the edges. It wasn't worth his time so we let Nacho pull it up.
New tile and trim. It's so pretty! It's so loud, too. Whenever we would scoot the chairs to and from the table, it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. We ended up putting felt pads underneath each leg of all the chairs. It's much quieter.
Before.
After. Oh yeah, we didn't replace the countertops. They're still in good shape but J said he would replace them before the end of the year. If it happens, great. If not, I'm okay with that, too.
Goodbye linoleum.
Hello tile!
I use to have a ton of storage under the double oven...
...then I had to say goodbye to it so that the new double oven would fit. Now, there is just enough room for the non-stick pots and pans.


Before.
After.



Goodbye range hood and old school oven.
Ahhh! Hello new school!
Scarlett was excited about the cabinets, too!

This was the best part. Halfway through the project J called me from work and said "how would you feel if we replaced the oven?" I didn't even have to ask for it! He did the same thing with the over the range microwave, too. He's such a great guy :o)
This was the worst part. We took this clock off of the kitchen wall and leaned it against the kitchen table that we had to move into the living room. Unfortunately, J bumped into the clock and when it fell, the glass broke. Not to worry, I had a new piece of glass cut and installed in less than 48 hours.
5 comments:
It looks so awesome!
It turned out great!
Oh my goodness! What a transformation! It looks fantastic!! And can I just say that I am soooooo jealous of your double oven!
It looks great!! I must say, I'm jealous of the white cabinets! :)
It looks so good. What a difference. I know you are totally lovin it.
Post a Comment