Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ready For Christmas!

I have been DYING to start decorating for Christmas since the beginning of November. After weeks of waiting I couldn't stand it anymore. I started and finished decorating the day before Thanksgiving! Yes I did! Scarlett even helped. Jeremiah had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving so Friday was out. Saturday and Sunday were out because I do laundry and have church on those days. Dragging it out until next week was just plain foolish so that left me with Wednesday. Decorating this year was way more pleasant than last year because I'm not 37 weeks pregnant. My sister Maria "helped" move the furniture around with Jeremiah. Scarlett offered her muscles, too. I only put out a third of what I usually do because Savannah is in that touch, feel, drop, and bang stage. I would be so sad if she broke some of the fragile things. By the way, Savannah is feeling a little better. Her congestion is still around but at least she's not blowing out green snot anymore. Now, I have work on getting rid of her cough and her eternal running nose.


Every year at Christmas we have to rotate the furniture to make room for the tree.  Scarlett wanted to help so she just jumped right on in to help her daddy.  She was more in the way than she was helpful but she sure enjoyed herself.  I loved every minute of it, too! 


I'm still praying for my sister.  Scarlett was more help than she was!  Maria was suppose to be helping but Scarlett did more than she did!  Every time I looked up, Maria was taking a break...AGAIN!


Savannah was hanging out watching all of the organized chaos. 


 Scarlett was such a worker bee this year.  She wanted to help me decorate the tree and she got pretty good at it...


...until I saw the cluster of ornaments!  She did the icecicles the same way.  Surprisingly, she didn't break a single thing...yet.  The season is still young!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I'm so excited for Christmas this year too! This is the first time I've decorated before December 1st.

maria said...

Those sofas are beasts to lift. So yeah I took a rest after lifting those monsters! You're welcome!!!