Friday, November 4, 2011

Cake Balls

The girls and I made cake balls for Halloween!  It wasn't difficult but it sure was time consuming.  Basically, you bake a cake, crumble it up, mix it with icing and refrigerate.  I decided to flex my baking muscles and the cake balls turned out pretty good.  I couldn't believe I actually survived and the mess in the kitchen was at a minimal.  It was fun but I doubt that I will ever do them again.

Scarlett worked so hard and took her assignment seriously.


When we were done making the balls, I told BOTH girls that they could have what was left in the bowl.


Miss. Greedy Pants ate EVERY crumb in the bowl and didn't leave much of anything for Scarlett.


Savannah wipped out on the floor a time or two.  She has to get use to wearing socks now that the weather is getting cooler.


All done!  I was so proud of us. 


Scarlett is still looking for leftovers after Liz hogged the bowl.  Guess who's hand is on the left side of the bowl?  Yep, it's Liz.  Really, Liz?!  There is nothing left!!!


Eventually, I gave Scarlett her own HEAPED scoop!  I love the look on her face.  It reminds me of when you eat something really good and you start to roll your eyes because it is so good.  Scarlett's happiness was restored!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I have always wanted to make those. And you are brave letting the girls help you with the baking. I really need to start letting Elliot do that with me. I'm just so OCD!

Romy said...

I'm so glad you tried it. I agree with you, I only make them once or twice a year because the recipe yields so much that we get sick of eating them.