Obviously, he wasn't amused but I was having a great time! Doesn't his facial expression look like Ralphie in the bunny suit from A Christmas Story?! Thanks for being a good sport sweetheart :o)
Phase 2 - decorate the Christmas tree and the house
The Christmas tree is always the first to go up! Then I place a few things around the house. I think Baby Prickett slowed me down a little bit. I was moving slower than I ever have. I was getting out of breath too. BUT THAT DIDN’T STOP ME! Eventually, I got the tree decorated.
This is a close up of the decorations.
The finished tree! The tree is really brighter and much prettier than the pictures depict.
Phase 3 - put the Christmas lights on my car
After watching tv ALL day Friday, Jeremiah was tired. So I kindly told him that he could put the lights on my car Sat morning. Sat morning came and after we had breakfast, he went straight to work. He parked his car in the driveway and parked mine in the center of the garage. After he moved the cars around, he closed the garage door as an extra preventative measure to keep the cold out.
After a while, something told me to go outside and check on him, so I did. I found him in the garage and this is what happened:
Me: Where?
Jeremiah: On the hatch. Come look at it. I owe you big. Sweetheart, I am so sorry.
This is what I saw. One vertical scratch almost 6 inches long.
Me: What happened?
Jeremiah: I was trying to adjust the roof rack and needed a tool from my car…so that I wouldn’t scratch the roof. I opened the garage door and I heard a noise. By the time I heard the noise and figured out what it was, the garage door caught your hatch and scratched it.
Me: That’s alright. At least you waited 3 months to scratch my car. Liz put a dent in the door 4 hours after we left the dealership.
That story is for another post on another day. If I wasn’t so numb with Christmas excitement, that conversation probably would have gone differently and led me to repentance. Since the scratch is on the back, I won’t ever see it and it won’t bother me so much. The dent on the other hand, is on the driver side passenger door. I see it EVERYDAY.
Rebounding from the incident.
Still working hard.
We suspect that the handle on the garage door unit is what scratched my car. Look at his face, poor guy. I think he was still feeling sick over the incident.
My poor hatch never had a chance. Look how far it opens! That red handle was determined to squeeze through that little space between the hatch and the garage door.
In his defense and in case you’re wondering, he had to have the hatch open so that he can run the lights to the converter in the trunk. After an hour or so, I had lights on my roof! We took these pictures at night to get the full effect. The lights are suppose to be white but they are LED lights; which is why the lights have a blue hue to them.
All done, yay!
We kept trying to take a picture without the flash to see the lights better. But the pictures kept coming out blurry.
That's all for now!
3 comments:
My heart goes out to Jeremiah, I backed into the garage door with the Yukon this weekend in all the excitement =D The car was undamaged, the garage door was not so lucky......
So sad about your car. Though on the flip side your lights look great. I love your tree. SO FUN!!
Cool lights on the car! I'm so impressed by your reaction. This is practice for when baby Prickett comes.
Post a Comment