Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! We started out yesterday by going to Glen Rose to see Jeremiah's grandmother. EVERYONE goes to her house for lunch every year. Lunch is served at noon and people start clearing out by 2pm to go do their own thing. After we left, Jeremiah wanted to stop by his cousin's house so we did. Then, it was off to Mamma Keeton's house! I ate, and ate, and ate, and ate. I was so full I could not move.

Before, during, and after dinner, we watched the Cowboys game. At one point we played Scrabble and Boggle. That was so much fun. I was so full that I wasn't keeping accurate scores during Scrabble. I thought I was going to get kicked out of the family for a second! For crying out loud...it's just Scrabble!! Berry, Maria, & Jeremiah kept going toe to toe in Scrabble...they are the brainiacs in the family.

Once again, mamma out did herself this year with dinner. My dad helped her out as usual. After dinner, Maria did the dishes and I helped her. Well, I helped put some of the food away...I kept running back and forth to the Scrabble game. Berry was busy entertaining herself with my baby bump...all afternoon...and all evening. She was cute and was having fun so I let her goo goo and gaga all she wanted.

Speaking of baby bump, I felt Baby Prickett move quite a bit yesterday! It wasn't a kick or an elbow, it felt more like a piece of mass was moving around. I think the baby wanted to get out and see what all of the excitement was! I told Jeremiah about it and we had a tender moment over Baby Prickett's progress.

Today brings on another level of excitement. I'm sending Jeremiah into the attic to retrieve Christmas!!! I am so excited I can't stand it! My favorite part of Christmas is the Christmas tree. My goal is to have everything setup before the day is over so that I can enjoy it as long as I can before the holidays are over.

I need to run b/c I have other things to do. I just realized that I have been blogging WAY longer than I intended. What a surprise?!

Y'all take care, be safe, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

1 comment:

Lisa M said...

So fun! What a great time! I loved hearing Berry's reaction to your belly!