Thursday, March 12, 2009

Caring For Baby Prickett

Remember last week when Jeremiah and I went for another sonogram and the results still indicated that we were having a girl? Well, later that evening we attended an "infant care class". The 1st order of business was finding a baby with the skin tone we wanted. They had black babies, white babies, brown babies & red babies. By the time we had arrived, the only babies left were the white and red babies. We went with the red baby girl. These babies were quite intriguing. They felt heavy just like a real baby and not light like a doll. Here she is in all her glory!

Jeremiah holding "Baby Prickett".

The class consisted of 3 stations: bathing the baby, dressing the baby, and changing the baby's diaper. Here's a picture of the baby after I gave her a bath. By the way, we used real water and real soap and she smelled so good! I bet she slept good that night. Afterwards, Jeremiah dressed her and he did a pretty good job!

Swaddling "Baby Prickett"!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

At first I was like, she had the baby! Then I was like wow it is so plastic looking!