Monday, November 30, 2009

Ready For Christmas!

This year, J had the day before Thanksgiving off but had to work the day after Thanksgiving. You know what that means…I had to put up Christmas 2 days earlier this year, yay! Usually, I decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Lucky me, J had to work after Thanksgiving so I had to put Christmas up before Thanksgiving. Otherwise, who knows when it would have been done. As y’all know, time FLIES this time of year! Once again, I sent J into the attic to retrieve Christmas. Without further ado, let's dive into another Prickett holiday season!!!

I love you too! Here is Mr. Man bringing in our new tree! Last year, I expressed to Jeremiah that we needed a larger tree that will look more proportionate to our new living room. After all of the Christmas sales started last year, we found this 7.5ft tree on display for $235 at Target. They were slashing the prices on all of the Christmas trees that were on display and we only paid $35 for it!


My little elf! So far, she is enjoying Christmas as much as I am. I'm glad that she got her momma's Christmas genes!!!



Scarlett is pulling up on everything and anything. If she can pull herself up and walk to where she wants to go, she will. I won't be surprised if she is walking before her 1st birthday. Anyway, I had to keep my hearth very child friendly this year. It is down to the bare minimum just for Scarlett. She can continue to pull up on it and I get to rest easy knowing that she can't break anything...and attempt to eat glass!



Checking out the penguin! It is so cool because it has lights, it snows and it plays Christmas carols. I think Scarlett is trying to figure it all out.


For some reason, Scarlett is not interested in pulling on the Christmas tree. She is all about the snow. The snow blanket under the tree AND the snow blanket on the fireplace. She eats it, tears it, and plays with it! What's with the snow?!


Our new tree with all of the trimmings! I thought I would never get finish decorating and trimming it.



Black Friday! We survived!!! Believe it or not, we didn't do too much. Jeremiah was pleased about that I'm sure.



I'm sure this mantle will change 2 or 3 more times before Christmas. If y'all see some great garland and a wreath for a great price, let me know. You can't really tell but all of the plush decorations are on the hearth for Scarlett's enjoyment.



I am so glad that Scarlett is a happy baby! We took this after church yesterday.



Here's to a great Christmas this year!

By the way, Thanksgiving was fine. We visited Jeremiah's family and then it was off to my parents house. Like always, I ate way too much. Regina, I took a few bites for you just like I said I would :o)

As usual, I'm grateful for my dear sweet husband Jeremiah. I'm grateful that he has a job to provide for us financially. I'm grateful for Scarlett and Elizabeth and all of the joy that they bring to Jeremiah and I. I'm especially grateful that the good Lord was so merciful and blessed us with Scarlett's sweet spirit. I'm grateful for my parents and my siblings. I'm grateful for my house. I'm grateful for the groceries that we have. I'm grateful that I get to stay home and be with the girls. I'm grateful that Jeremiah and I have reliable transportation. I'm grateful for our health. Most of all, I'm grateful that we live in a country where I can love and serve God freely.

I understand that all my blessings can easily be gone in an instant. But for now, I'll show my appreciation for my blessings by taking care of what I have. Whatever the Lord's will is for us, I will graciously accept it. At the moment, life is good and I am so grateful for that :o)

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I loved your decorations. And Scarlett looks so cute in her Christmas dress!

Regina said...

I LOVE your tree! Love the pinecones and berries! And thanks for eating for me. I owe you one!

The Gee Six said...

Your house looks beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

And, what a sweet list of things to be thankful for. I love this time of year when we take the time to realize how blessed we are!