Over the summer Aubrey, a friend of mine, made a "green meal" for a brand new missionary in their ward. When I saw her "green meal" posted on her blog, I fell in love with the idea! In fact, I couldn't wait until we got our own green missionary so that I could prepare a green meal too! It was so much fun and I think everyone had a good time. Enjoy the pics!
Here's the green macaroni for the homemade macaroni & cheese. I added food coloring to the water before it started boiling.
Time to eat! We had green everything...macaroni & cheese, cornbread, fruit salad, pot roast, and lemon lime drink. If there was a way that I could've died the pot roast green, I would have!
Here he is...the man of the hour...our green missionary...with all of his green food...straight from the MTC...ELDER BROWN!
Doesn't this look yummy?! I have to be honest, for a second I had to sike myself up to actually eat this! It all tasted good and everyone went back for seconds. I wanted the food to "pop" so we ate off of white plates instead of green plates.
We had cake for dessert and all of us devoured it! Obviously, I had to die it green too. It was sooooo good. I was quite impressed with myself. This was the only piece left. Liz and I finished it off Saturday.
The green cornbread.By the end of the meal I think Elder Brown really appreciated the sentiment. I gave them pictures so that they could always remember the green meal! These are the memories that missions are made of, right?!
Last week the missionaries stopped by to do a little caroling and dropped off a loaf of homemade bread. It was a nice surpise and we were so excited! I love this time of year!!!Aubrey, thanks again for your green meal post that inspired me to prepare a green meal of my own. It was a cool idea and so much fun!
4 comments:
You are too funny! This is so something I would do!
That food looks like radioactive, moldy, germinated crap. But it looks like fun!
What a fun idea! I love it! And that cake looks so good. It could be a christmas cake if you add red and green sprinkles!
Yay! We've actually gotten to do it one more time since then for another missionary. They just love it! You're so awesome!
Post a Comment