Monday, December 21, 2009

4th Grade Christmas

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm not very talkative. So, this post will be short on verbiage. Liz's school had their Christmas program on 12/17. Below are two videos of my favorite moments. She's wearing a yellow t-shirt and the colorful scarf.

This was the cutest song and I was singing it for the rest of the day.



She was selected to sing the solo for Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree. She did well and I was so proud of her!


12/18 was the 4th grade Christmas party. I volunteered (as usual) and ended up spending quite a bit of time with Liz. I ate lunch with her and her friends and it was hysterical. These little girls had alot to say! 1st, they gave me the "411" on EVERYONE! Then, one girl said "you're thinner than my mom". Another girl said "you look 20". One girl dubbed me a "cool mom". They were so funny and they had me rolling!!! Anyway, enjoy the pics!


Here's Liz playing Santa Says. She's trying to pat her head and rub her belly at the same time.


Here she is celebrating because she won! The final challenge: "Santa says pick your nose!" And she did it! No one else would pick their nose except her. I didn't think she would pick her nose but she did!


Yes, the gym is really painted lime green. Here's the principal and Scarlett. They LOVE each other!


Here's Liz's teacher and Scarlett. They love each other too!


Ornament relay...over the head and then between the legs. I have no idea who won because I was refereeing a couple of boys.


Racing on wood skis.


At the finish line and then she falls! Only Liz!!! I was taking this picture thinking that she was about to cross the finish line and then she falls, ugh!


There was a little time before the classes had to rotate to the next activity so Liz made another lap.



Santa sack race.


Going back.


Then they had to scoot.


Going back.


Instead of playing musical chairs, the kids played musical dots. When the music stops, the kids had to find a rubber dot to step on. Judging by Liz's face, can you tell that she didn't find a dot to step on? She was out early in the game. I think she was the 3rd to get out...out of 20 something kids. We tell her all the time to pay attention. Don't feel too bad for her. She cheered up when she realized that she could leave school extra early because a parent volunteered at the party :o)

Off to my next Prickett adventure...

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

Liz did such a good job singing! And that's good that you're in good with the principal!