Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your Christmas was as pleasant as mine.

We started off Christmas morning by finding Liz on the sofa watching tv, sulking! So JD, Jeremiah's baby brother from UT, explained to us why she was sulking. Apparently, the conversation went something like this:

JD: Good morning Lizasaurus! Are you having a good Christmas so far?
Liz: Not anymore. Then she pointed to the tree.

There weren't any presents under the tree.

JD: Well, maybe Santa got drunk and put the gifts in the wrong room. Maybe he got tired or something. I'm sure your presents are somewhere in the house.

In the meantime, Jeremiah and I surfaced with the gifts. I explained to Liz that we kept the gifts in our room so that Scarlett wouldn't get into them. Not a day went by that Liz didn't make a comment over the state of the house b/c of Scarlett's destruction! After I reminded her how Scarlett gets into everything, she got embarrassed because she couldn't believe that she thought that we didn't get her presents. I didn't tell Liz the presents were in our room because I didn't want her asking me about them everyday.

Here's Liz embarrassed.


Jeremiah showing me how much money I could've saved if I didn't buy him anything. After getting a short lecture on "I told you not to get me anything", he was grateful...whew! Don't feel bad for me. I HAD to get him something after I treated myself to Ann Taylor, Dillards, and Banana Republic :o)



Don't worry, it's grape juice and apple cider. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if I drove him to drink one day!



Scarlett got so excited! She FINALLY got to destroy something without me saying NO! NO! She cracks me up!



Liz is much happier! I have to admit, I was slightly aggravated that she was sooo sad when she thought that she didn't get ANYTHING! She knows Christmas isn't about the presents...I think :o(



I love my baby girl! I have no idea what she is was looking at. Probably her next victim!



I guess she thought that she could eat her way into her gift.


When Scarlett got bored trying to open one of her gifts, she headed for the tree!


Later in the evening, my parents and siblings came over. Here's my mom trying to help Scarlett open the gift that she got for Scarlett.


Looking back, Christmas was pretty nice this year. Dinner was at my house and there was a ton of good food and good company! We ended the night by watching "Hang 'Em High" with Clint Eastwood. Appropriate for Christmas, probably not. But, we watched it as a family and spending time with family on Christmas is appropriate. Don't worry, Liz was in her room burried in a book that she got for Christmas.

That's it for now. I'll see y'all after the new year! Have a good one!!!

2 comments:

Regina said...

You are so funny! Sounds like a great Christmas

Mandie said...

LOL! Hang 'Em High is a great movie! Don't feel bed-we watched Fast and Furious =O Love you guys!