Sunday was Scarlett's first day in nursery at church! There was a lot of weeping, crying, stalking, tantrums, sadness, ranting and raving. Scarlett did fine...I was the one that had a hard time!!!
Once again, I have another story for you...
I was in the hallway talking and when I turned around I saw Jeremiah at the other end of the hallway. Naturally, I looked down to make sure Scarlett was with him and she wasn't. When I looked up, I realized that he was standing right next to the nursery door. I took off and flew down the hallway. In the pit of my stomach I knew he was up to something.
When I got to him, I was all business. I asked him firmly and specifically "where is my baby?" He was grinning ear to ear and said "she's in nursery." He was all proud of himself and he wouldn't let me go in! I looked through the peephole and there was my baby...in nursery!!! I stood at that peephole for 40 mins, in 3 1/4" heels, at 21 weeks pregnant & watched my baby...in nursery! People were trying to comfort me by saying how she would be okay but I wasn't interested...not even a little bit. When the bell rang and nursery was over, Scarlett ran straight toward me and peace was restored in my world again :o) She did extremely well. She played and sat in her chair when she was suppose to. I didn't expect anything else and she took nursery on like the champ that she is!
After we got home, I told Jeremiah why I think I got so emotional. You see, I had envisioned that Scarlett's 1st day in nursery would be much different. I had hoped that Jeremiah and I would give her the "you will do fine" talk and say things like "you'll make tons of friends" and "be sure to obey your teachers" and "you'll do fine" and "I'll pick you up before you know it". Generally, Scarlett does exceptionally well in any environment. I think that I honestly felt that he robbed me of giving Scarlett "the talk" and I did NOT take it well and he heard all about it!
All of this got started because Jeremiah opened the nursery door and Scarlett just walked right in and never looked back. Apparently, she was wanting to play and Jeremiah felt bad about telling her no and sushing her while he was in priesthood. So, he took her to nursery so that she could get her wiggles out. By the end of the day, I decided to let Jeremiah live and he made me some rice krispie treats with strawberry marshmellows...my favorite :o)
Once again, I have another story for you...
I was in the hallway talking and when I turned around I saw Jeremiah at the other end of the hallway. Naturally, I looked down to make sure Scarlett was with him and she wasn't. When I looked up, I realized that he was standing right next to the nursery door. I took off and flew down the hallway. In the pit of my stomach I knew he was up to something.
When I got to him, I was all business. I asked him firmly and specifically "where is my baby?" He was grinning ear to ear and said "she's in nursery." He was all proud of himself and he wouldn't let me go in! I looked through the peephole and there was my baby...in nursery!!! I stood at that peephole for 40 mins, in 3 1/4" heels, at 21 weeks pregnant & watched my baby...in nursery! People were trying to comfort me by saying how she would be okay but I wasn't interested...not even a little bit. When the bell rang and nursery was over, Scarlett ran straight toward me and peace was restored in my world again :o) She did extremely well. She played and sat in her chair when she was suppose to. I didn't expect anything else and she took nursery on like the champ that she is!
After we got home, I told Jeremiah why I think I got so emotional. You see, I had envisioned that Scarlett's 1st day in nursery would be much different. I had hoped that Jeremiah and I would give her the "you will do fine" talk and say things like "you'll make tons of friends" and "be sure to obey your teachers" and "you'll do fine" and "I'll pick you up before you know it". Generally, Scarlett does exceptionally well in any environment. I think that I honestly felt that he robbed me of giving Scarlett "the talk" and I did NOT take it well and he heard all about it!
All of this got started because Jeremiah opened the nursery door and Scarlett just walked right in and never looked back. Apparently, she was wanting to play and Jeremiah felt bad about telling her no and sushing her while he was in priesthood. So, he took her to nursery so that she could get her wiggles out. By the end of the day, I decided to let Jeremiah live and he made me some rice krispie treats with strawberry marshmellows...my favorite :o)
Scarlett's 1st picture that she colored in nursery!
Just getting home from church.
Out like a light!
Then my flash finally woke her up. She ALWAYS wake up like this. We are so blessed :o)


2 comments:
At first I was shocked that you didn't want Scarlett to go to nursery. I can't wait til it's E's time! But as you explained yourself, I totally understand. That is definitely a milestone that parents go through TOGETHER!
Yes, it is a big deal. But at least she liked it! Some kids are really rough on their parents screaming, crying and refusing to go. I had no problems with Kelly and it sounds like little Scarlett will take it easy on you as well! Yay!
Post a Comment