Last week I had to attend a YW presidency mtg. Nicole, our YW president, had to bring her children along. After a while, she asked them to wait in the gym. Then her two oldest came in where we were and asked us to come into the gym when we were done. Apparently, they had something for us. Nicole and I get to the gym and these kids created an awards/talent show. Below are the awards that I received. Thanks Hannah and Brittany!!! Brittany is Hannah's BFF and both of them are as sweet as can be. I love you guys, too!
Best Leader Award.
Best Laugh Ever Award.
Greeting Daddy
Saturday I sent Scarlett to her room to clean it up. When Jeremiah came home, I told him to go see what his baby girl was doing. Instead of cleaning, she decided to do what she wanted to do and read. Side note: she only reads 2 or 3 pages and then moves on to the next book. Anyway, my favorite part of the video is at the :20 mark when she discovers that Jeremiah is home. Every. Single. Day. She has this exact same reaction when Jeremiah comes home. She hears the garage door and takes off to greet him. It really is one of the sweetest things that she does. I'm glad that she loves her daddy so much.
McCheap
At some point on Saturday Jeremiah's glasses broke. Scarlett had an arm in each hand and she was pulling in opposite directions as hard as she could. When I checked them, the glasses seemed fine. Then, Jeremiah discovered that the frames were cracked on the left side. Great. His solution: plastic wire ties. Honestly?!?!
Insurance won't cover new lenses or frames until Jan. It wouldn't be that much to replace the lenses and frames. Being the penny pincher he is, he decided to fix the frames himself. He took something from the garage and was able to bond the frames back together.
All proud of himself! Whatever he used is some pretty strong stuff. Back in the day he used this bonding stuff to fix something on my Rodeo. Man, I miss that suv :o( Anyway, every time J would try to talk to me, I would burst out laughing. How can ANYONE take someone looking like this seriously?! After the bonding stuff set, he took the wire ties off and his glasses are good as new again.
Back To School
Monday was the 1st day of school, YAY!!! Last week I took Liz to get a haircut. Trust me, she needed it. She wanted me to flat iron it for the 1st day and I did. She loved her hair and so did I!
Monday was the 1st day of school, YAY!!! Last week I took Liz to get a haircut. Trust me, she needed it. She wanted me to flat iron it for the 1st day and I did. She loved her hair and so did I!
Liz came home and crashed on the sofa after school. It was the 1st day! What happened on the 1st day that would cause this kind of exhaustion?! I think she wore herself out being excited. I love how Scarlett is staring at Liz. I think Scarlett was trying to figure out what the commotion was all about.



2 comments:
Scarlett is such a cutie. Emilia is a daddy's girl all of the way too.
Sounds like everything is working out great in YW. I heard about the great success you had with the fashion show you put together a couple of weeks ago. Way to go!
You really do have the best laugh! When I saw that, I totally flashed back to all those YW lessons with our Mia Maids!
Post a Comment