Friday, October 14, 2011

103.6

As Jeremiah was leaving for work yesterday morning, Savannah woke up crying.  I told him to give her to me and we snuggled in bed until I couldn't take it anymore.  She was so hot that I decided to get up and get my day started.  It wasn't long before she woke up and things started going wrong. 

At 10AM, her temp was 102.1.  I called J and then I called the doctor.  The doctor couldn't see me until 2:15.  That 4 hour wait felt like an eternity!  At 1:30PM her temp was an insane 103.6!  We finally make it to the doctor's office and Savannah checked out fine.  Her abdomen, throat, chest, lungs, ears, and eyes didn't show any sign of an infection or injury.  The doctor wanted to check for a urinary infection and that test came back negative, too.  As a last resort, Savannah was given an antibiotic in both legs and some advil.  Before we left the doctor's office, Savannah's temp was 99, yay!  The doctor wanted to have her blood drawn to run some tests with the hopes of finding something.  After being poked in both arms, the tech was finally able to draw some blood. 

We went back for a follow up this afternoon and Savannah's lab results came back negative.  I knew they would.  One single thing couldn't be found.  The doctor checked her ears one last time.  The left ear is a little red but it's no big deal.  As a precaution, the doctor prescribed amoxicillin to counteract whatever the red may be.  After being stuck with four different needles four times, after having a  catheter inserted (to collect a urine sample),  after not eating much of anything all day, after sleeping most of the day, I am happy to report that Savannah's temp is holding at 99, yay!  She's still not eating much but at least she's crawling, playing, crying, and laughing again.  She wasn't doing a thing yesterday.  Maybe she just had a 24 hour bug or something.  Who knows.

My munchkin when her temp was at 103.6.  She looked so pitiful and lifeless all day long.  I don't know what's up her eyes but she wasn't crying.


This was around 1PM this afternoon and she is doing MUCH better!  She's eating half as much as she usually does but at least she's eating...and laughing...and crying!!!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

So sad! That sounds like the exact same thing E went through. So annoying when you can't get any answers. Glad she's feeling better!

Nicole said...

I can't stand that sad face. I am so glad she is feeling better. Thats alot to go through in one day!