Sunday, September 23, 2012

Burned By Fire

Seven weeks ago we finally moved back into our house!  All of the damage done to our home because of the tornado was repaired.  It was a long and hard process and we are so glad to be home!  Then the following happened.

About three weeks ago Liz was doing the dishes and she told Jeremiah that the hot water was cold.  He went up into the attic to take a look at the tankless water heater.  I was at the other end of the house.  Suddenly, I heard him enter the house and call me with a degree of concern in his voice.  Our conversation went like this:

Jeremiah:  BABY?!  BABY?!
Me:  Yes?!  What is it?
Jeremiah:  I set myself on fire.
Me:  What?!?!  And what is that smell?
Jeremiah:  THAT'S YOUR HUSBAND BURNING!!!
Me:  What?!  Come on.  Let's go to the bathroom and get you cleaned up.  What on earth happened???
Jeremiah: I took the safety cover off the water heater and Liz turned the hot water on.  When the hot water is turned on, water movement starts the flame.  I was unaware that a cloud of gas had developed on or about where the safety cover use to be.  Suddenly, a huge flame came out.
Me:  What is that smell? 
Jeremiah:  THAT'S ME BURNING WOMAN!!!
Me:  Oh.  You could've burned your face off.
Jeremiah:  I know, right?
Me: Why did you take the safety cover off?
Jeremiah:  It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Me: Don't yell at me.  I'm not the one that set myself on fire!!!

Since the very day that we started dating, I've always heard a thud, crash, bump, bang or some concerning noise coming from the garage.  I am not kidding.  Jeremiah is going to die by his own hands one day.  I am so afraid that one day I'm going to walk into the garage and find Jeremiah's body remains spread all over it.  Sophia may have my fight but the ability to cheat death comes from her daddy!  I made sure that I took pictures because I wasn't sure if y'all would believe me or not.  I promise, these photos have not been digitally altered.  

He fried his hair.


Eyebrows and eyelashes, too.  


Just another day in the life of a Prickett.


Jeremiah, you can't play possum with a ball of fire.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Oh goodness! Tell Jeremiah the water heater is off limits!

Nicole said...

Sorry J I am still laughing!! Great pics!!

Jami said...

Glad he is alright. At least he kept a good attitude about it all.

Kashari said...

Wow...that is Cr@zY! Glad he is alright!