Jeremiah had been talking about getting me a new van for a couple of days. I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted. I think he needed a distraction from all of our baby drama. I can't blame him. Plus, I really didn't want a new one. I just wanted my old one pretty again. Remember this and this? Anyway, the rear A/C went out. Then my miles were really adding up because I'm driving to and from the hospital everyday. Most importantly, I'd much rather him put that money toward a larger house than a new van. Sigh. I just wanted my van fixed and didn't want a new one. Not even a little bit. Then reality started to set in. More than likely, Miss. Sophia Lynette is probably going to come home on some equipment. So, we're going to need room for her, a nurse, equipment, and all of my other kiddos. The new odyssey's are larger and Jeremiah said that he would feel better if we were in something newer so that he wouldn't worry about us during the day. Ahhh, that's so sweet :o)
I think this was the final straw. I dropped the girls off at my parents house so that I could go to the hospital on August 23rd. Within three minutes of leaving their house, I hear this weird and very loud metal clicking sound. I just knew it was a tire problem. I pulled over and saw this! I went to the nearest Discount Tire and 2-3 hours later I was FINALLY off to the hospital. After leaving the hospital, we went to the dealership and Jeremiah bought me a new van. Honestly, I only went to entertain him. I didn't think he would actually buy one. I can't blame the man for wanting to take care of his family.
My home away from home. Seriously, we've only had it for two weeks and we hit 1,000 miles today. It only had 21 miles when we bought it. A week ago we had the roof rack installed. Why did I need a roof rack? All together now...for my...CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, YAY!!!
The new mommymobile. Welcome to the family!
One of my favorite things is that you can upload a picture for your wallpaper on the navi screen. Obviously, I had to put up a picture of Miss. Sophia Lynette. We can ride as a family now! Well, this is as close as we can get for now. The girls always say hi or bye bye whenever we are getting in or out of the van. It's the sweetest thing. My next goal is to get baby girl home by Christmas.
I think this was the final straw. I dropped the girls off at my parents house so that I could go to the hospital on August 23rd. Within three minutes of leaving their house, I hear this weird and very loud metal clicking sound. I just knew it was a tire problem. I pulled over and saw this! I went to the nearest Discount Tire and 2-3 hours later I was FINALLY off to the hospital. After leaving the hospital, we went to the dealership and Jeremiah bought me a new van. Honestly, I only went to entertain him. I didn't think he would actually buy one. I can't blame the man for wanting to take care of his family.
My home away from home. Seriously, we've only had it for two weeks and we hit 1,000 miles today. It only had 21 miles when we bought it. A week ago we had the roof rack installed. Why did I need a roof rack? All together now...for my...CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, YAY!!!
The new mommymobile. Welcome to the family!
One of my favorite things is that you can upload a picture for your wallpaper on the navi screen. Obviously, I had to put up a picture of Miss. Sophia Lynette. We can ride as a family now! Well, this is as close as we can get for now. The girls always say hi or bye bye whenever we are getting in or out of the van. It's the sweetest thing. My next goal is to get baby girl home by Christmas.


4 comments:
Gwen and Jeremiah, I haven't had the chance to follow your blog for the last few months. It wasn't until this weekend when I was trying to catch up and put my blog back together and getting the blogs I read back on there. I am now just reading about you and your little peanut. Just wanted to let you know that y'all are in our prayers. She is so lucky to have you as parents and to have the sisters she does! What a great family to be blessed with! We love y'all! I will leave you with something Brandon's dad used to always say "Keep your heads down and your hard hats on!" Keep it up! you guys are awesome!
That's so awesome what an awesome new mommy mobile!
Awesome! I love the Odysseys. And that's so cool you can upload pictures. Perfect!
Very nice! We will be driving our van until it falls apart.
Post a Comment