I had another doctor’s appt on 1/8. My weight and exercise routine was pretty much the topic of conversation. I weighed in at 140lbs. On my 12/11 appt, I weighed in at 129lbs. Needless to say, my doctor was less than pleased and quite concerned that I gained 11lbs in one month, ooops. She got even more concerned when I told her that I haven’t worked out for 3 or 4 weeks. December wasn’t exactly a stellar month for me. But man, I had a blast!!
With all of the charm that I could gather within myself, I tried to explain to my doctor that it was the holidays! Whenever my mother cooked, I ate. I had 3 Prickett men to keep fed all the time. So whenever I cooked, I ate then too. Then, people would bring goodies by the house and I ate again! I think I charmed my way out of trouble…but only a little bit :o( My doctor showed me a little mercy and understood that I overate during the holidays. However, she expressed that I needed to watch my weight and my diet. By the way, I am at the point where I am to gain 1lb every week until Baby Prickett is born, YIKES!
My waist is currently 34¼ ”. Baby Prickett’s heartbeat is still holding at 150 bpm. My blood pressure is in great shape and all is well with mom and baby. Here are my 24 weeks (6 months) baby bump pictures :o)


The Bad
Maternity clothes – I have officially outgrown my regular clothes and started wearing maternity clothes last week. I suppose that was inevitable. Elastic waistbands are completely underrated! Elastic has made my life much more pleasant. Especially when I have to go to the restroom.
Stretch marks – I get a new set every other day! Last night I discovered that I had them on my back! ON MY BACK! I guess that I ran out of skin on the front and sides.
Sports bra – A while back I started wearing my sports bra b/c I outgrew my regular bras. The sports bra worked for a while. Guess what? I have now outgrown that too! So, I went shopping for a bra and found a nursing bra. Guess what else? I am now motivated to start working out again. That bra is huge but at least my breasts are comfortable. Is all of this TMI???
The Ugly
I called Jeremiah at work last Friday, 1/16, to inform him that I got the water bill in the mail. It was $100, WHAT?! So I looked at the usage and we used more water in Jan than we did in Aug! That’s crazy, right? As I continued to vent, Jeremiah shed some light on the subject. Apparently, I am 6 months pregnant now and I wasn’t 6 months pregnant in Aug. Currently, I’m using the restroom way more now than I was in Aug. Every time I flush, I am using 5 gallons of water…according to Jeremiah’s calculations. Talk about flushing money down the toilet :o(
The Unexpected
Somewhere in the middle of that “water” conversation, I felt Baby Prickett move. So I rubbed my belly to try to calm her down. The next thing I knew, I looked down and I saw her kick and punch through my skin. It was SO cool! I told Jeremiah about it and he got excited. I told Liz about it when she got in from school and she got excited too. Since then, Jeremiah has seen the kicks and punches but Liz hasn’t. By the time I call Liz to come take a look, Baby Prickett is done moving :o(
4 comments:
That's so cool when you can see their little foot through your stomach! And you still look as skinny as can be, I don't know what your doc is talking about!
Girl- you crack me up! LOL First, the baby bump is too cute, mine is no longer a bump, but more like a basketball. Second, tell Jeremiah what he can do with the 5 gallons of water ;)(or he can forget about enjoying the bigger bra.) I had a similar talk from Jon about the cost of toilet paper LOL and lastly, how cool is it when you can see the baby moving! Forget about the weight gain and enjoy that baby!! Love ya!
Now you're finally getting a baby bump. We love it!
Thank you for emailing me your blog! I had lost it! You have the cutest baby bump!
Post a Comment