Scarlett had her vaccinations and blood drawn today and it was not pretty. She started out strong but it ended miserably. She was poked 6 times today! She took her vacciantions like a champ!! After the 1st shot, she didn't even cry. After the 2nd one she cried for a few seconds but it was no big deal. Then came the 3rd one and she only cried for like 5 seconds. I was so proud of her!!!
And then it happened. We were sent across the street to have her blood drawn. The nurse tied the rubber thing around her arm and Scarlett was not happy. She started screaming and crying and everything I tried would not comfort her. The nurse tried to find a vein in Scarlett's arm but her veins were too small. That was poke #4. Poke # 5 was in her right foot. After the arm didn't work out, the nurse went for the foot and that's where most of the blood came from. The screaming and crying continued because the nurse had to squeez Scarlett's foot to get the blood out. When the right foot ran out of blood, the nurse had to draw blood from Scarlett's left middle finger. That was poke #6.
Oh the agony!!! It was so painful to watch Scarlett kick, sream, and cry. She has NEVER been so mad and upset and miserable. All is well now and she is resting comfortably. Here are a couple of pics that I took after I got home. Look at all of her bandages :o(
And then it happened. We were sent across the street to have her blood drawn. The nurse tied the rubber thing around her arm and Scarlett was not happy. She started screaming and crying and everything I tried would not comfort her. The nurse tried to find a vein in Scarlett's arm but her veins were too small. That was poke #4. Poke # 5 was in her right foot. After the arm didn't work out, the nurse went for the foot and that's where most of the blood came from. The screaming and crying continued because the nurse had to squeez Scarlett's foot to get the blood out. When the right foot ran out of blood, the nurse had to draw blood from Scarlett's left middle finger. That was poke #6.
Oh the agony!!! It was so painful to watch Scarlett kick, sream, and cry. She has NEVER been so mad and upset and miserable. All is well now and she is resting comfortably. Here are a couple of pics that I took after I got home. Look at all of her bandages :o(
Fussy and ready for a nap...
...but I was determined to get a picture with a smile. Shortly after this pic, she went to sleep...
3 comments:
Poor little Scarlet. I always hate those times. I want to come and see her this week. I will call you. By the way she has GROWN!!
That last picture is PRECIOUS!!
She is growing! it sounds like you both handled everything really well.
Post a Comment