Sunday, November 18, 2012

More Therapy

Sophia's physical therapy is well underway now.  She's already achieved two of her six goals, yay!  Friday was a busy but good day for her.  The PT manager came in and worked with baby girl for quite a while.  I'm so happy that Sophia is moving around and doing "baby" things...with assistance.  She won't be home by Christmas and Jeremiah and I are facing the possibility that she may be in the hospital for her first birthday.  Oh well.  At least she's still alive and not getting worse.  

The doctors started weening the settings on her ventilator while we were at church.  Hopefully, Sophia will tolerate it and won't have a setback.  She can't come home if her settings are this high.  We have to start weening to see what she can do.  It's been almost eight hours and so far so good.  I sure hope that she has a great week.





Then the therapist said that I could get on the floor with her if I wanted to.  


We got to cuddle and it was glorious!


For a few minutes it felt like we were the only people on Earth. 


Then it was time to get back to work.  She was getting so tired but made it to the end. 


If she could talk, I'd bet she would say "say what now?!  I can finally have a nap?"  After we were done, I rocked her to sleep and she was OUT.  She is such a character and I love it!

3 comments:

Jeremiah "Guapo" P. said...

That second pic from the bottom is how I feel after I get your Christmas !@#$ out of the attic.

Jami said...

I love the snuggle pictures. I'm so glad you got some time with her.

Nicole said...

I love your smile when you are snuggling with her. A moment you probably have been waiting for a long time.