Last week was a busy week for Miss. Sophia. She is now seeing a physical therapist, occupational therapist, and speech therapist. I asked all of them to show me some things that I could do with Sophia while I visit her when they weren't around. They have also come up with some short and long term goals for her. One of the things that we are working toward is to have her sitting up without any support. Her speech therapist is coming up with some goals and hopefully I'll have those by the end of the week.
I love this position because her body is working although she is sleeping. The point of her lying on her belly is to introduce her to a different position other than lying on her back. More importantly, she is strengthening her back muscles. She'll be sitting up in no time. I hope.
This is the tumble form chair. She is to spend one hour a day in this chair. This is introducing her body to another position. Additionally, she is suppose to spend one hour a night in her bouncy seat.
This is her third speech therapy session. That is a nuk brush in her mouth. The point of the brush is to generate some oral stimulation. Sophia has to get use to having something in her mouth. This is the first step toward feeding by mouth. Speech is working with her so that we can start giving her solids...at nine months old.
Since Sophia was doing so good, the therapist decided to give her some bananas. Sophia loved them! She didn't gag or anything.
Then things started to go wrong. Sophia wasn't happy anymore.
Uh oh. Sweet Sophia went away and Sassy Sophia came out to play.
Then the therapist had an idea. She put some bananas in Sophia's mouth and took the brush away.
Ohhh! Sophia wanted to feed herself!
Look at that smile. Peace has been restored!
We ended the week on a high note. Her first tooth came through on Saturday!!!
4 comments:
Haha! She its so her mothers daughter.sorry Jeremiah Gwen genes are so strong almost all of your girls features come from her, including those strong, fun, independent, social personalities. And I think I like sassy Sophia.
Oh my goodness! She is doing so much. I know that each step is such a blessing. Can anyone else visit her? I would love to see her.
That is great. I'm glad she is making so much progress. Oh, you need to go to bed earlier. Laundry can definitely wait.
Aww! I love all the great milestones she's hitting!
Post a Comment