Friday, October 5, 2012

A Great Visit

Some days I'm fine.  Some days I'm over everything.  Some days I'm emotional.  Today, I was just alright.  When I arrived at the hospital, I didn't want to be Sophia Lynette's caregiver, advocate, or cheerleader.  I just wanted to be her mom.  

Just as I was walking in her room, she was waking up from her nap.  She was smiling and was so happy and so alert.  I took full advantage of her good mood!  We sang nursery rhymes and exercised and had an impromptu photo shoot!  She was awake for 15 or 20 minutes and it was glorious!  I think she had fun, too!  Today, I needed her more than she needed me.  Is it okay to feel like that?  I held her afterwards and she was fast asleep.  Thank you for a great visit baby girl!











3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Of course it's ok to feel that way. You guys have come a long way. I know you must be physically & emotionally exhausted. So enjoy the "good" days you have!

Romy said...

I love Sofia's smile on the last picture it reminds me of her mama, always with a smile on her face!

On Thursday I met Emilia's TA. She reminds me a lot of your bubbly personality. Her and her husband are considering moving to Texas. I thought of you and how much you love it there and said "Absolutely!"

Jami said...

You have earned some good Mommy and Sofia time.