Sunday, October 21, 2012

Drama & Excitement

The Drama

Toward the end of the week, I walked in and found Sophia chillin'!  The nurse said that she had a great night and that was my cue to swoon in and start our playdate.  At the end of our visit...


 I pulled this...


 ...out of this.

The girl has so many things going in and out of her it is ridiculous.  Three of us were in the process of putting her back in her crib because it was time for me to leave.  Some kind of way, we lost focus of the g-button cord and it got caught on the chair and I accidently pulled it out when I stood up.  Baby was not happy.  The nurses say that it happens all of the time and I shouldn't feel bad.  They also said that the older kids just pop it back in.  Apparently, it really is no big deal.  I still can't believe that I was the source of her pain :o(  


A new g-button was ordered and peace was been restored.  Unfortunately, she still has to be fed through her stomach.  My goal is for her to start speech therapy by the end of the week.  Hopefully, we can start introducing her to solids.  We probably won't even bother trying to bottle feed her because she is 8 1/2 months old.  It's kind of silly to introduce her to the bottle only to take her off of it and then introduce her to solids.  So, we're starting with solids.

The Excitement

At the beginning of the week Sophia Lynette and I had a GREAT day!  I was feeling adventurous and decided to sit her up in her boppy to see what would happen.  She did great!  She can't sit up on her own without the support of the boppy.  Anyway, she never lost her breath and she did great!  She fell forward a few times but I kept sitting her up and she liked it.  Plus, she had really good neck control.  Look at her!  I was STOKED!!!  I kept trying to get a picture of her smiling but she always stopped right when I snapped.  


So here's the thing.  Sometimes one eye is crossed and sometimes the other eye is crossed.  The nurse practitioner said that she's probably not cross eyed.  More than likely baby is using one eye at a time to focus.  Eventually, she'll have to see an optometrist and they can decide if some type of therapy will be necessary.  For now, she's not too worried about it.  As for me, I'll rejoice in the fact that she is sitting up.  Then again, she is on a course of steroids.  All of this activity could be the steroids working and not her.  Whatever the case may be, she's sitting up and I am one proud mama!


Then she was getting tired and started falling asleep.  I finally put her down for a well deserved nap :o)  After spending two weeks in the PICU, she is stable enough to go back to her room in the TCU tomorrow, yay!

5 comments:

glad2bemommy09 said...

I love how chubby she is getting. Those cheeks must be the envy of everyone. And how awesome that she is sitting up.

Jami said...

She is doing great with sitting. You should be a proud Mommy.

Jalei & Lane said...

Look at her sitting up! She is doing so good.

Nicole said...

Oh Gwen I love the update. Im love the hair,chubby legs and belly. I love that she is progressing. I love that you are so motivated to get that girl movin!! You go momma.

Anonymous said...

Gwen she's getting so big. Don't worry about popping the button out, the kids I work with have had it happen more than once. My favorite, ( wait I'm not suppose to have one), loves to open and close hers just to tease with me.