Every year the children's hospital has a TCU Reunion. The reunion is for any kiddo that has been admitted/discharged from the TCU. It's family oriented and there was tons of food and activities for the girls. Last Saturday we packed up the girls and braved the 54 degree weather!
This was the coolest game of Connect Four that I have ever seen. Look how big it is!
There were so many versions of tic-tac-toe.
Scarlett started lining up the animals from the tic-tac-toe game. I guess she was ready to do something else.
When we first arrived, Scarlett and Savannah received a booklet. Liz didn't want one. We tried to encourage her to get one but she was not interested. When you won a game, you received a sticker to place in the booklet. The more stickers you have, the more stuffed animals you got. After seeing the girls having so much fun, Liz wanted a book. Go figure. She came home with a few stuffed animals and she was so proud of herself.
Ah. Grab your tissue. I really don't know how but I just stumbled upon this place. Remember back in August when we thought Sophia was going to die? All I wanted to do was take her outside so that she could experience life outside of the hospital. Apparently, a couple of the nurses thought it would be nice to take Sophia to the labyrinth. They told me about it but I've never seen it until last Saturday. Now I understand why the nurses thought that the labyrinth would be the perfect place for us to take Sophia. It really is a beautiful place and this picture does not do it justice. Those are fountains in the middle and it was so peaceful and tranquil. I didn't walk it because I want Sophia and I to do it together...in the real little red wagon! One day baby girl. One day.
Instead of a cake walk there was a book walk.
Then we headed in to see Miss. Sophia Lynette. I can't remember what Savannah was doing but she sure was cute and very loud.
We came home with so much stuff! We even hit up the cotton candy booth one more time for the road. I couldn't believe how good it was. As far as I'm concerned, this was in lieu of our state fair trip!
She can sure cut those eyes can't she?!?!
Being silly like her daddy.
Savannah couldn't get enough of Sophia. She kept kissing her and holding her hand. It was so sweet.
We finally wore Sophia out and that was our cue to head home. It was a good day!

3 comments:
Looks like a fun day! She will be home before you know it!
Wow, Gwen - what a beautiful little baby! I love her sweet flower and cute outfit. What a blessing she is able to spend time with her sisters -- I am sure she loves all the time she gets with them!! I was especially touched by your experience in the labrynth. I will be praying specifically that you will have that special walk with her in that little red wagon.
What a beautiful family. I bet she loves hearing Scarlet's laugh and interacting with Savanah. Love the way the outfit looks on her.
Keep strong! This crazy schedule you're keeping will be over soon.
Post a Comment