10/8/12
I arrived to visit Sophia Lynette. Apparently, she had just had an episode and the staff was trying to calm her down and stabilize her. In my effort to help, I held her for a couple of hours and she did great. At 8:15PM in the middle of dinner the hospital called. Baby isn't doing so well anymore. Her CO2 level rose to 94. Her normal range is in the mid 50's to low 60's. They decided to transfer baby to the PICU. She's too big and too old to go back to the NICU.
10/9/12
I arrived and walked into this. A million tubes and wires. Her air sacs became constricted and she had a hard time breathing. They administered continuous breathing treatments overnight to keep her sacs open. She was not exchanging gases well. Her speech, physical, and occupational therapists were suppose to finally start working with her today. That's now on hold. Sigh.
She got so feisty that the nurse had to find a way to keep her arms down.
10/11/12
At 4PM baby is stable enough to return to her room in the TCU, yay! Not so fast.
10/12/12
I decided to go to the gym. I can't ask Sophia to get better and stronger if I'm not doing it myself. Anyway, in the middle of my sculpt class, the doctor called. Sophia's CO2 is 84. She's agitated and was given some drugs to calm her down. She started a steroid regime and hopefully, her air sacs will open up again. Things sounded under control so I finished my workout. I got the girls to my parents house and I was off to the hospital. The doctor called as I was putting the van into park at the hospital. Sophia's CO2 is 107! The doctor is sending her back to the PICU at 1PM. I literally sprinted to her room. She was working WAY to hard for every breath. Her sweat beads were the size of marbles. She was a mess and she looked it. I was able to walk with her to the PICU and help her get settled. Basically, a lot of medical stuff took place and Sophia's lungs sounded and looked better. After a few hours, she was stable and I felt comfortable enough to leave. I HATED to leave her. I hope the weekend is a little bit quieter. Who am I kidding. Nothing is quiet about this baby!!!
I arrived to visit Sophia Lynette. Apparently, she had just had an episode and the staff was trying to calm her down and stabilize her. In my effort to help, I held her for a couple of hours and she did great. At 8:15PM in the middle of dinner the hospital called. Baby isn't doing so well anymore. Her CO2 level rose to 94. Her normal range is in the mid 50's to low 60's. They decided to transfer baby to the PICU. She's too big and too old to go back to the NICU.
10/9/12
I arrived and walked into this. A million tubes and wires. Her air sacs became constricted and she had a hard time breathing. They administered continuous breathing treatments overnight to keep her sacs open. She was not exchanging gases well. Her speech, physical, and occupational therapists were suppose to finally start working with her today. That's now on hold. Sigh.
10/11/12
At 4PM baby is stable enough to return to her room in the TCU, yay! Not so fast.
10/12/12
I decided to go to the gym. I can't ask Sophia to get better and stronger if I'm not doing it myself. Anyway, in the middle of my sculpt class, the doctor called. Sophia's CO2 is 84. She's agitated and was given some drugs to calm her down. She started a steroid regime and hopefully, her air sacs will open up again. Things sounded under control so I finished my workout. I got the girls to my parents house and I was off to the hospital. The doctor called as I was putting the van into park at the hospital. Sophia's CO2 is 107! The doctor is sending her back to the PICU at 1PM. I literally sprinted to her room. She was working WAY to hard for every breath. Her sweat beads were the size of marbles. She was a mess and she looked it. I was able to walk with her to the PICU and help her get settled. Basically, a lot of medical stuff took place and Sophia's lungs sounded and looked better. After a few hours, she was stable and I felt comfortable enough to leave. I HATED to leave her. I hope the weekend is a little bit quieter. Who am I kidding. Nothing is quiet about this baby!!!
4 comments:
Oh no :( Such a roller coaster ride!
Gwen - I am so sorry this week has been so exhausting - physically and emotionally. Your sweet daughter is such a fighter -- one of God's strong warriors. I am amazed at her resilience and and YOUR resilience. You and your family continue to be in my prayers. God must have a great work for this little angel -- she certainly is here for a purpose. Much love to you. If there is anything I can do for you this weekend or this next week, please let me know.
I am so sorry to hear this. But I am glad she is on the mend again!! Her lashes are so gorgeous, they just KILL me! What a beautiful little gal!
I'm sorry you guys seem to be on this roller coaster. I'm glad she seems to be doing better.
Post a Comment