OMG! A lot has been going on since my last post. Lynette had surgery on April 18th like I mentioned in my last post. The surgery was around 10:30AM and we left the hospital around 3PM-ish. She was stable and comfortable. At 4:18 Thursday morning, the doctor called. Apparently, Lynette had some serious trouble breathing and was placed on life support. The culprit this time? Her heart and lungs. Her PDA valve has reopened and she has extra blood flowing in and out of her heart. Her right lung collapsed AND she has pneumonia in her lungs. Her heart and her lungs were not working well together at all. By Friday, April 20th, the doctor said that Lynette came pretty close to "the end" but she showed a tiny sign of improvement.
She has a cardio team watching her now. The plan was to see how she did through last weekend. They wanted to do surgery to remove the PDA valve but she isn't strong enough to have a surgery. If she doesn't have the surgery she'll continue to deterioate. We were/are in a terrible state of limbo and I HATE IT!!!
In the meantime Jeremiah came down with strep throat. He went to the doctor and he put Jeremiah on amoxicillin. Almost a week later, Jeremiah was COVERED in rashes! Seriously, I was afraid to touch him it looked so bad. His culprit? Amoxicillin. I sent him back to the doctor. Apparently, Jeremiah has developed an allergic reaction to amoxicillin. I think it's weird that he's taken it before and has never had a reaction to it. He got a steroid shot and he's all good again.
Last Wednesday was a rough day. The baby two doors down from Lynette didn't make it. When I got to Lynette's unit, they told me I couldn't go back for a few minutes because there was a procedure going on and the area had to be sterile. Fine. After waiting 10 or 15 minutes, I decided to sneak in the back way. Lynette wasn't doing well and I needed to see my baby! I guess I am my mother's child. Anyway, when I got to Lynette's hallway, medical staff were everywhere and the mood was not good at all. I'm actually going to miss the little guy. He cried loud and hard all the time.
Back at home, Savannah fell in the kitchen and chipped one of her front teeth. I found an apartment and we are set to pick up our key on Tuesday. It's a little under 1200 sq ft and the complex is nice. Hopefully, we'll be comfortable for a while. I really wanted a house but no one wanted to lease their property less than a year. Liz has a million things going on this month at school. End of year activities, parties, and 6th grade graduation. There's really nothing new with Scarlett. For me? My life IS my life! I can't wait until I'm feeling like myself again.
I really don't like to post anything without pictures. If you've made it this far, I hope you like these.
Scarlett woke up WAY too early this morning to go to church. Naturally, Jeremiah told her to go back to bed. When we woke up, we discovered that she never made it.
Scarlett woke up WAY too early this morning to go to church. Naturally, Jeremiah told her to go back to bed. When we woke up, we discovered that she never made it.
These two fell asleep on the way home from church today.
Lynette on life support. Her settings are really low compared to last week. Hopefully, she'll be taken off life support in a few days. The goal is to get her back on the conventional ventilator. It pains me to see her get so big. She should be growing up at home and not in the hospital :o(
I think it's hilarious that the nurses have to pin her down. She is always trying to pull her tubes out of her mouth. They have to strap her in, too. My baby girl is not going down without a fight.
I LOVE IT!
Her hair is turning from blonde to light brown. She's scheduled to have a echo test tomorrow on her heart. I sure hope that goes well. She's also beginning to retain fluid again. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Night night sweet girl :o)
3 comments:
You are an amazing woman with an amazing family! You inspire me to stay strong in the face of my trials. I pray that God will help you through this storm and that baby sophia will heal and make it through this tough ordeal. She is truly a reflection of you; a fighter!
Oh my goodness. I don't know how you have not developed gray hairs with all that's going on! We'll keep you're whole family in our prayers. And yes I missed you at church yesterday. I didn't see you after sacrament. Where is your apartment & how long will you have to be there?
Gwen - I just got so teary eyed reading what is on your plate at this time. You are truly incredible! I pray that Heavenly Father will continue to sustain you and give you the strength to keep that beautiful smile on and trust in him. I love you. Wish I could do more than just pray. Love you guys.
Post a Comment