There was a time when my favorite two chores were vacuuming and doing laundry. Now, I am sick to death of doing both. In my last post I failed to mention that it takes me three days to do the laundry. I have to start the laundry on Friday and finish it on Sunday. Or, start on Friday and finish it on Monday. That's in addition to the Wednesday loads! On Monday, I was trying to finish up the laundry. I was on the other side of the apartment when I heard this loud noise. I thought it was the laundry basket falling of the dryer like it does at the house sometimes. Then I thought "I'm not in the house go check it out." I turned the corner to enter the hallway and this is what I saw...
A HUGE bottle of detergent all over the floor. Remember when the same thing happened this time last year and it resulted in a new kitchen? Anyway, I've only been using this bottle for about three weeks so it was still pretty full. Then I look up to see how it POSSIBLY could have jump off the shelf and I saw this...
Detergent all over the wall AND the washer AND specs on the dryer. My guess is that it fell off of the shelf, onto the washer, and then onto the floor. I called the office to see if maintenance could come with a shop vac and suck the detergent. He came and while scratching his head said "it would take me all day to clean this up... you need to call professional carpet cleaners." Like any desperate housewife, I called my man to bail me out of trouble. Jeremiah said to call the pro's and I did. $55 later, Jeremiah wasn't pleased with what they did. He went to Albertson's to rent a Rug Doctor to clean it up himself. $30 later, he did the best he could all evening and called it a night.
These girls screamed from the time Jeremiah started cleaning to the time he stopped cleaning.
He had to stop many times because the darn thing kept bubbling up. Savannah escaped when Jeremiah went to get more water for the Rug Doctor. She bolted back to their room when he said he was about to turn it on again.
You may not be able to tell but the tub was filled with suds. This was right after he got started.
Still crying.
Finally finished.
I still can't figure out how that bottle jumped off of the shelf. As I push the red button on the spout to dispense the detergent, the bottle would cave in and I would lose pressure as the detergent came out of the spout. So I unscrewed the regular top, let the bottle pop back into its regular shape, placed the cap back on, and put the bottle back on the shelf. A few minutes later, it's on the floor. I promise, the bottle was completely on the shelf before I walked away. Oh well, stay tuned for next weeks drama.
1 comment:
How annoying! I think I would have just grabbed the kids & left the house to try & forget about it!
Post a Comment