Three days after Sophia's surgery was a big day. Sophia was doing so well with her breathing that the doctors took her off of the ventilator, yay! Baby girl was breathing on her own. Well, she needed a little oxygen but she was doing great considering she always need life support after her surgeries.
She's starting to wake up from her drugs. Her expressions crack me up.
Her incision is almost across her entire back.
She was so alert that day and I couldn't get enough of her. She's almost outgrown her incubator. Jeremiah inquired about a crib and she might get one tomorrow. It might be pink, too :o)
All good things must come to an end. Friday morning at 6:09AM, the doctor called. Sophia's right lung collapsed. Needless to say, she had to go back on the Bubble CPAP for additional breathing support. I was done and the nurse was kind enough to get a bouncer. I turned it toward the windows so that baby girl could have a view other than another piece of equipment.
Yesterday, she had another x-ray and her right lung is clearing up. It's not perfect by any means but it is clearly getting better. Now, her left lung is looking like it is starting to collapse. WTH?!
Yesterday, she had another x-ray and her right lung is clearing up. It's not perfect by any means but it is clearly getting better. Now, her left lung is looking like it is starting to collapse. WTH?!
4 comments:
Girl you are a rock of strength! I am so amazed at you and J for all the strength that you two have! I want her so badly to go home with you two. Obviously God has a plan that we are all not aware of, so stay strong for baby girl and we will continue to pray for her to go home soon. Love you guys!
She looks so good! Sorry to hear about her lungs though. What do the doctors say?
I love you guys. I continue to pray for the strength for you both and her. You are AMAZING! I get so excited hearing the good updates and get teary eyed or cry hearing the set backs. All will get better and many years from now all of this will be a distant memory.
Sorry about the small setback. She is such a cute little girl. Prayers are with you all. Love you
Post a Comment