Saturday, June 9, 2012

Liz Graduates

On May 29th Liz graduated the 6th grade!  She was so excited and had so much fun.  Every year the school has it's own version of American Idol.  I think she won the other year and she won again this year.  Because she won, she had the privilege to sing Star Spangled Banner after the welcome.  She also performed a solo later in the program.  I wanted to upload the performances but the files are huge.  After trying 5 or 6 times I surrendered to technology and gave up trying.  

It's been a great year for her.  She made straight A's every six weeks and she received 9 awards on awards day.  She was also selected to be a reporter for the junior high newsletter next year.  We are SO proud of her!  I would like to say that she worked hard all year.  Fortunately, she's like her daddy and doesn't have to break a sweat to make an A.  I had to work my behind off to get an A when I was her age.  Anyway, we made sure that she signed up for all AP classes next year.  I'm not worried.  She can do it.  Here's to a new chapter.  Now, it's off to junior high! 

 Singing the Star Spangled Banner.  It's out of focus because I took this picture on accident while I was trying to record her performance.  


Taking her last deep breath before her solo.


I don't know what this face is about but it cracks me up.


My sister watched Savannah for a while.  I guess Savannah was bored and was starting to climb the walls...or escape.


The choir performed a song that I remembered from The Office.


Finally, receiving the coveted 6th grade diploma.


I wanted to get a picture of the balloons dropping at the end but there was a malfunction and the execution didn't turn out exactly the way it was suppose to.  The plastic bag holding the balloons got hung or something and the kids had to swat at it to make the balloons fall.


We ended the night by deciding on Little Caesars for dinner.  Jeremiah gave her some instructions on what to order and how to pay with the credit card and off she went.  Usually, Liz is so shy about interacting with strangers but she did great.

No comments: