Our July 4th was pretty busy but fun this year. We went to the parade, ate dinner at my parents, visited Miss. Sophia, and watched fireworks. The girls handled all of the craziness amazingly well. Maybe because the events were stretched out over the day instead of everything being back to back. It was a great day and I'm glad that I enjoyed it with my family. Enjoy!
The Parade
There were several Elvis Presley impersonators and I loved it. I don't know why but I loved seeing them riding these little bitty scooters. I couldn't get enough of them!
Then the king of them all came down the street. I'm cracking up laughing just thinking about it again!
The girls were pretty good about waving back to the people on the floats.
Visiting Sophia
Her nurse found some patriotic bedding and it was darling. They take such good care of her!!!
Fireworks
Jeremiah had this crazy idea that we should watch the fireworks from the top floor of the parking garage at the hospital. I was skeptical but I went with it. We got all settled in on the 7th floor and security kicked us off for "safety" reasons. To be fair, the helipad was within feet from us.
Security said we could go down one level so we did. The view wasn't as great and it was hotter. Apparently, other people had the same idea because there was a huge parade of us going down one level. We could see fireworks from four different locations.
I had to strategically change Savannah's clothes and she never flinched. I love to see them sleeping.
July 4th Encore
On July 5th when we arrived at the hospital we found Lynette in her very festive onesie! One of the nurses in ANOTHER unit got this for her. Seriously, the girl has developed quite the reputation in NICU. You can't help but root for her. Anyway, I think it is so sweet that some of the nurses think about Lynette and get things for her on their personal time.
3 comments:
What a fun day. That is so sweet of those nurses.
The girls liked the parade too. Next year you need to sit with us in the shade.
Oh, fun! I used to love going to the parade! And that is so sweet of those nurses! She looks adorable in her 4th of July shirt! :)
Post a Comment