Monday, July 16, 2012

Tummy Time For Real

Last Wednesday Lynette had tummy time for real.  I'm talking on the mat without a boppy pillow.  It was a big day and I was ready!  Unfortunately, she didn't like it one bit.  When baby girl was on the mat, she kept slipping and sliding all over the place and was NOT happy.  Why?  Whenever she cried, she would slip in her snot, tears, and saliva.  It was painful to watch but she has to get out of that crib and off her back!  She lasted six minutes and I gave her tons of hugs and kisses for trying.  She didn't like tummy time but she tried.  I am proud of her for that :o)

She likes to keep her face forward all of the time.  She doesn't know any better because she's been on her back for months.  Even when we hold her, we have to turn her head left or right for her.  Without fail, she'll bury her head in our chests when we hold her.  Don't y'all worry because she'll get there.  Little mama will have neck control in no time...I hope.  Lord knows she still has plenty of fight!


We need to work on upper body strength, too.


She was MAD!  I was actually happy that she was crying this hard because I heard her cry!  Because she's had a tube in her throat from the ventilator, her vocal cords have been swollen for months.  As a result, you literally couldn't hear her cry.  You could always tell when she was crying but there was no sound coming out.


Glad tummy time is over and sound asleep :o)

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Poor little thing! She is worn out in that last picture.

Jami said...

If they can yell that loud, you know they will make it. She does look adorable and snugly in that last picture.

Regina said...

Awww, love that picture of her all tuckered out in the end. So sweet!