A few months ago I noticed that Lynette's head was seriously flat in the back. The nurses rotate her from left to right but baby girl always wiggle herself back on her back. Additionally, the girl has no neck control. I am fully aware that Lynette has many health issues going on. However, the small things are still important. I have a serious conviction that she deserves some type of normalcy as a baby. I'm trying to push for several things and tummy time is at the top of my list. I asked her doctor if it would be okay if Sophia started tummy time and the doctor said sure. Hopefully, tummy time will also allow Lynette to move around and loosen some of the secretions in her lungs. Anyway, today we did tummy time!
I was too excited about tummy time and I completely forget all about the camera. She cried but for the most part she did good. I was so proud of her! My next goal is to get a mat and put it on the floor for "real" tummy time. BUT, I did get this one after she fell asleep.
She eventually cried herself to sleep. That's good because that meant that she worked hard. She even held her own breathing. We didn't adjust her oxygen levels or anything. Oh, and she's been breathing on her own since last Monday! She's just on a little oxygen to give her a little help.
She woke up for a few moments and wouldn't settle down. When I picked her up she snuggled back into her comfort zone. I love our tender moments! Oh, I promise that I don't have a mustache. I got sunburned Friday and the sun fried my lips and arms AGAIN. Yes, I was wearing sunblock.
Whenever Lynette had an IV in her head removed, the tape would rip out her hair. Now, she only has a little tail in the back and a little piece on the top her head. I can't even put in a bow in anymore. I know it'll grow back but it's still hard to see her bald head after I got used to the strawberry blonde thing. Oh, last weekend I had my hair done for our weekend getaway. I had it cut and it's pretty short but I love it!
Still snoozing. She was so comfortable that the respiratory therapist and I decided that I should keep hold Lynette while her breathing treatment was being administered. I can't believe that she slept through it.
When she woke up we played for a while and she tolerated it well. Missy is also 9lbs and 11oz.
Don't you just love her smile?! She still has a tough time swallowing and I'm constantly suctioning her secretions. Hopefully, that's only temporary.
She was getting tired at the end of our visit. I read her a story and she was fast asleep. Today was a great visit with Lynette!
2 comments:
I'm sure she feels how much she's loved by you!
She is looking so good. I love her all snuggled up to her momma. She loves you. (and of course dad) She has GROWN too. Holy cow 9lbs!! Go Sophia!!
Post a Comment