To say that I have been stressed out this month is an under statement. Ten days after Sophia's heart surgery is when I found out that she needed another surgery. The next day, Jeremiah and I drove to the house to check on it. To my surprise there were roof shingles in the driveway. Apparently, Jeremiah and our contractor decided on a shingle color without consulting me. The shingles were ordered, shipped, and delivered. I didn't know a thing about it. Granted. Jeremiah was trying to take something off of my plate so that I would have one less thing to do but still. It's my house, too. I was mad at both of them and I let them know all about it. Unfortunately, it was done very uncharacteristically.
At some point Jeremiah decided to take me away for a weekend because he felt that I needed it. He was right and I didn't argue. We decided that we would make it a two night three day thing. One day he came home for lunch and told me to pack for three nights. I was so excited! Our weekend started Friday evening and ended Monday morning. I had no idea where we were going or what we would be doing. My only criteria was that we had to be close enough so that I could see Sophia everyday. His only criteria was that I couldn't answer my cell phone unless it was the hospital. Here's a pictorial depiction of our weekend getaway.
We start driving and eventually we pulled into this dump. With this sign on the building! He thought it would be funny to pull a joke on me but it didn't work.
This is a hotel where they charge by the hour! With burglar bars on every window AND every door?! Jeremiah is trying to keep a straight face and he puts the car in park. WTH?! I told him that I know for a fact that he got a room at a Marriott and we best be leaving now. I had the last laugh because I accidentally peeked in his inbox and saw a confirmation for a Marriott. It really was an accident I promise!
On the way out I see this payphone...WITHOUT A PHONE!
We finally make it to the Marriott and this welcome basket was in our room! After we got a little settled we headed off to Pappadeauxs for dinner and called it a night.
Saturday morning we slept in and it was great! We got up and headed to the movies to see Madea's Witness Protection. We may never see a movie at night again. We saw a 10:10AM viewing and there wasn't a crowd and the line at the ticket counter was amazingly short. One of these days when life resumes to some type of normalcy, we may move date night to the mornings. If we ever have date night again. Anyway, breakfast and a movie is the way to go! We went to the hospital and visited with Sophia for a little while. Afterwards, I had this crazy idea that we should go bowling and have some fun. We decided to go to Main Event and we had a blast! We played laser tag, bowled several games, and played pool. They had a promo that would allow us to play until 2AM but I ran out of gas at 11PM. We started at 6PM.
I was losing terribly and Jeremiah lovingly suggested that I should put the bumpers up. Ironically, my game improved and for the longest time the ball never touched the bumpers. Eventually, I started using the bumpers to my advantage.
Jeremiah kept winning and I was finally beating him. Until the very end and he snuck up from behind and beat me. "Gua" is short for Guapo. Don't ask.
We were having so much fun we couldn't stand it!
After a couple of games of bowling we took a 90 minute hiatus to go have dinner. We decided to have dinner at a hibachi grill that Jeremiah frequents with his co-workers. It was so good and a couple sitting next to us said that we have to try a speechless roll and it was fantastic. When our check came at the end of the meal, the speechless roll wasn't on it. The couple treated us to it. How sweet was that?
This is for me. I needed a reminder that I actually beat Jeremiah. I'm LOL because that's what I do and he's AMF (adios mother...) because he usually leaves people in the dust. For the record, he chose our nicknames.
What? Could it be?? Wifey beat him again?! Jeremiah changed his name to WTF after I beat him previously. Then I started losing again and both of us were getting sore. I don't know why he was complaining. He was bowling left handed and still won. When that got tiring, both of us started granny bowling.
Jeremiah beat me at pool, too. He made this shot behind his back. I finally asked him "is there anything that you're not good at?" His response was "I don't know yet?" Can you believe him?!
Then he was teaching me to shoot behind my back. I personally think that he wanted to see me sprawled out over a pool table. I tried to keep it clean because I am a wife and a mother.
What had happened was...I left my wedding ring at my SIL's house when I dropped the girls off for the weekend. I was not about to go back for it in traffic. All weekend I was so paranoid about not having it. The waiter at Pappadeaux's asked us if everything was going to be on one check. I had to explain to the guy at the hibachi grill that we were married. Then the explanations continued at Main Event. It wouldn't have been so bad except that Jeremiah had his ring and I looke liked his mistress. So I had to tell everyone that we were actually married...with children! At some point Jeremiah made me a ring with a straw wrapper. It was the sweetest gesture and I absolutely loved it!
When we woke up Sunday morning we were so sore. We hung out in our room most of the day. We took a ton of naps, talked, watch a little tv, and just relaxed. We visited Lynette at some point and had pizza for dinner. Monday we said goodbye to our room and left to have breakfast.
I feel refreshed, renewed, and focused. It's amazing what a little down time can do for you.
Thank you for a great weekend, Jeremiah :o)
When we woke up Sunday morning we were so sore. We hung out in our room most of the day. We took a ton of naps, talked, watch a little tv, and just relaxed. We visited Lynette at some point and had pizza for dinner. Monday we said goodbye to our room and left to have breakfast.
I feel refreshed, renewed, and focused. It's amazing what a little down time can do for you.
Thank you for a great weekend, Jeremiah :o)
1 comment:
So fun! I'm glad you two got away for a while. Sounds like you made the most of it.
Post a Comment